Skip to main content

Workout 1

Monday March 19th 50 minute workout.  Today was a light day. Completed a 40 minute light jog with 5 minutes of backward running included (2, 2-minute sets and 1, 1-minute set). I also completed 10 minutes of body-weight exercises: 2 sets to failure of pull-ups, chin-ups and triceps presses. My rep count was on the low side today.  However, I saw a spot where I could attempt to pull myself up with a more rowing type movement to hit the lats and did 2 sets of those (13 reps each) 


I tried something different for push-ups today. I've been trying to find a way to put more attention on my shoulders utilizing equipment outdoors...a headstand press is all I can think of right now. Don't think I have the strength for that yet to complete without injury.  


So, I created a steep incline by putting my feet on top of a park bench with my hands touching the ground and did push-ups or presses this way. These do work chest but also add more shoulder involvement as well. I could feel more emphasis on my shoulders as well as upper chest. I will see how how long it goes until I can complete my first handstand.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andy Cohen on Drunken New Year’s Eve Rant, Getting COVID & Star on the H...

I can't wait for this event! Finally I am in LA to see this guy in person after the New Years Eve Celebration. Friday 11:30am 66522 Hollywood Blvd. About 2 miles from where I live! Yay! https://walkoffame.com/press_releases/andycohen/

GMCLA's Hooray for Holidays - Behind the Scenes - December 16 & 17 at th...

I saw the Gay Men's Chorus LA in concert on Saturday. What an awesome performance.  This show had me worry all night though. There was a lack of knowledge in regards to seating chart. I received blank looks when I asked where my seat was. Then, when I got to the row I was supposed to be in the seat numbers were off. My ticket said seat 103 and yet I sat in seat 10, I think. Overall, the concert was fabulous. I love how they chose TV and movie themed Christmas tunes. Snow Meiser and Heat Meiser were a blast. Thank you for a wonderful performance. I had a fabulous time and look forward to next year. 

Taron Egerton - Rocket Man (Official Video)