Skip to main content

WORKOUT 1: NO PAIN WEIGHT TRAINING

Sunday January 20th Today, I switched my workout up a little and went into a gym for weight training.

Pre workout warm-up:

Elliptical: 30 minutes altering incline and speed
Stretching Routine: 5 minutes lower body / core stretches

After my initial warm-up I performed 1 set and 10-12 reps of moderate weight for the exercises below. I did this to help avoid excessive muscle soreness / pain and to focus on muscle fiber recruitment for strength. I also monitored my rest between exercises to be between 30 seconds to a minute to add a cardiovascular component. (my enjoyment)

Warm-up:
Pull-ups: 
Dips: 
Workout:
Bench Press: 
Lat Pull-down: 
Shoulder Press: 
Bicep Curl:
Tricep Press:
Cooldown:
Dips:
Push Ups: (to failure)

My goal for this workout was to avoid injury and unnecessary  / excessive muscle soreness or pain. Both goals were accomplished. I don't believe that exercise should be associated with pain.  Pain is a sign that something is wrong and is usually avoided by most. If pain is associated with physical activity/exercise then would such activities be avoided in the future?  A challenging workout does not need to be painful.

All in all this was a great workout!  I was very happy to be back doing some strength training again.  The total time was just under an hour.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andy Cohen on Drunken New Year’s Eve Rant, Getting COVID & Star on the H...

I can't wait for this event! Finally I am in LA to see this guy in person after the New Years Eve Celebration. Friday 11:30am 66522 Hollywood Blvd. About 2 miles from where I live! Yay! https://walkoffame.com/press_releases/andycohen/

GMCLA's Hooray for Holidays - Behind the Scenes - December 16 & 17 at th...

I saw the Gay Men's Chorus LA in concert on Saturday. What an awesome performance.  This show had me worry all night though. There was a lack of knowledge in regards to seating chart. I received blank looks when I asked where my seat was. Then, when I got to the row I was supposed to be in the seat numbers were off. My ticket said seat 103 and yet I sat in seat 10, I think. Overall, the concert was fabulous. I love how they chose TV and movie themed Christmas tunes. Snow Meiser and Heat Meiser were a blast. Thank you for a wonderful performance. I had a fabulous time and look forward to next year. 

Taron Egerton - Rocket Man (Official Video)