Skip to main content

WORKOUT WISDOM: ENDURANCE


ENDURANCE!  It's my opinion or theory that yo/yo weight loss can have sever health risks and/or complications.  I've had family members who have never really succeeded in their weight loss endeavors.  Maybe over the short term such as loosing 50 lbs here....a hundred pounds there.  But, only to gain it back and then some.  In addition, adding more health consequences and shortening life expectancy.  

So, from my experience it would be safe to say that the current philosophy of weight loss doesn't work. I'm sure that I could research evidence to support my claim but I find it a waste of time.  
  
How about a new philosophy?  One that doesn't focus on weight loss at all?  Moreover, focusing on endurance or adding more physical activity to daily/weekly duties?  With the sedentary workforce it would only seem obvious to become more active.  Could a body of any shape or size can be trained to walk up a flight of stairs without stopping?  




How does body-weight relate to typing speed?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andy Cohen on Drunken New Year’s Eve Rant, Getting COVID & Star on the H...

I can't wait for this event! Finally I am in LA to see this guy in person after the New Years Eve Celebration. Friday 11:30am 66522 Hollywood Blvd. About 2 miles from where I live! Yay! https://walkoffame.com/press_releases/andycohen/

GMCLA's Hooray for Holidays - Behind the Scenes - December 16 & 17 at th...

I saw the Gay Men's Chorus LA in concert on Saturday. What an awesome performance.  This show had me worry all night though. There was a lack of knowledge in regards to seating chart. I received blank looks when I asked where my seat was. Then, when I got to the row I was supposed to be in the seat numbers were off. My ticket said seat 103 and yet I sat in seat 10, I think. Overall, the concert was fabulous. I love how they chose TV and movie themed Christmas tunes. Snow Meiser and Heat Meiser were a blast. Thank you for a wonderful performance. I had a fabulous time and look forward to next year. 

Taron Egerton - Rocket Man (Official Video)