Skip to main content

Workout 2

Wednesday April 11th Today was a disaster.  We'll call it a fun day...lol.  I did manage a more moderate day than the previous workout but didn't really stick to the plan.  Tried some new running techniques / mechanics. Aka...forefoot healstrike.  To be honest, it didn't feel more efficient for me at all. Could be that my body is not adapted to this type of running technique.  My shoes are not made for this type of running technique either. (I've had knee trouble in the past from over-pronation and have bought shoes to correct that. (which are heavier in the heal) I have never had knee trouble since I've switched to these more supportive or corrective style shoes.  

So I think, at least for now, that I'll stick to my original running style.  I'm not trying to win an olympic race and am comfortable with my running time and speed. Since I'm interested in triathlon, I really need to focus more on swim technique.  Swim has always been my worst of the three parts. Time to get back into the pool here soon I think.

And, I think I will also find track and do some time trials to find out what my current 1 mile running speed is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andy Cohen on Drunken New Year’s Eve Rant, Getting COVID & Star on the H...

I can't wait for this event! Finally I am in LA to see this guy in person after the New Years Eve Celebration. Friday 11:30am 66522 Hollywood Blvd. About 2 miles from where I live! Yay! https://walkoffame.com/press_releases/andycohen/

GMCLA's Hooray for Holidays - Behind the Scenes - December 16 & 17 at th...

I saw the Gay Men's Chorus LA in concert on Saturday. What an awesome performance.  This show had me worry all night though. There was a lack of knowledge in regards to seating chart. I received blank looks when I asked where my seat was. Then, when I got to the row I was supposed to be in the seat numbers were off. My ticket said seat 103 and yet I sat in seat 10, I think. Overall, the concert was fabulous. I love how they chose TV and movie themed Christmas tunes. Snow Meiser and Heat Meiser were a blast. Thank you for a wonderful performance. I had a fabulous time and look forward to next year. 

Taron Egerton - Rocket Man (Official Video)