Skip to main content

Workout 3

Friday April 13th Fun day. No formal plan today, just took it light. Split the workout into walk/jog. 


In regards to my research into running mechanics for better performance, I've decided that I'm gonna stick with what works for me and my style.  That is, sport specific training and goal setting. Sure, I want to maintain good form; but, I will also continue to adapt to my running style / technique. For instance, I used to have knee problems due to buying improper fitting shoes for my gait type. (I'm a moderate over-pronator) Once I had my gait analyzed I was able to be fitted with better shoes which corrected the problem.  


My previous shoe choices were primarily based on specific brand, popularity or color/look. Those did not take into account my specific gait style or foot placement. Thus, I had knee pain and couldn't run far or fast enough to increase my performance. (plus, i was always running on grass) Once I knew how to choose better shoes, my knees stopped hurting and my level of performance increased. I would recommend finding a proper shoe retailer that offers such gait analysis. The one I had was done at no charge. The shoes were double in price but the benefits were worth it.

For more info: Runners World Magazine is a good place to start research.  Check out: http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andy Cohen on Drunken New Year’s Eve Rant, Getting COVID & Star on the H...

I can't wait for this event! Finally I am in LA to see this guy in person after the New Years Eve Celebration. Friday 11:30am 66522 Hollywood Blvd. About 2 miles from where I live! Yay! https://walkoffame.com/press_releases/andycohen/

GMCLA's Hooray for Holidays - Behind the Scenes - December 16 & 17 at th...

I saw the Gay Men's Chorus LA in concert on Saturday. What an awesome performance.  This show had me worry all night though. There was a lack of knowledge in regards to seating chart. I received blank looks when I asked where my seat was. Then, when I got to the row I was supposed to be in the seat numbers were off. My ticket said seat 103 and yet I sat in seat 10, I think. Overall, the concert was fabulous. I love how they chose TV and movie themed Christmas tunes. Snow Meiser and Heat Meiser were a blast. Thank you for a wonderful performance. I had a fabulous time and look forward to next year. 

Taron Egerton - Rocket Man (Official Video)