Skip to main content

Workout 3

Saturday March 17th about an hour workout. 30 minute slow jog and 10 min hill work; focus: quads. I jogged up the hill backwards and felt a burn in my quads once finished.  I did this four times: up the hill backwards and down the hill forewards. Seems to have worked...I can feel a difference. 

Then for the remainder of time I did decline push-ups, 3 sets of 12, 2 sets of incline leg lifts and sat in the sun for a few. Just happened to find a small crater in the grass which I was able to utilize for these exercises.  Was warm and able to get some sun and vitamin D. 

For this workout I also tried to alter my diet somewhat. I had not been very disciplined with my pre and post workout meals. I wanted to add more protein pre-workout (yogurt/water) and post-workout (almonds / cottage cheese / tuna sandwhich / bananna / oj / romaine salad with balsamic / olive oil vinaigrette) Trying to see if this might help to build/maintain muscle in my legs and or upper body. Also been drinking about 3 quarts of water each day.

I had read that those two meals are essential to help maintain and/or build muscle by maintaining protein levels so that the muscle wont eat itself or utilize its own protein as energy. (thus, minimizing any gains). Think I'm gonna add more complex carbohydrates too. 

P.S. Also tried a new exercise before my run called the glute bridge. Demonstration below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andy Cohen on Drunken New Year’s Eve Rant, Getting COVID & Star on the H...

I can't wait for this event! Finally I am in LA to see this guy in person after the New Years Eve Celebration. Friday 11:30am 66522 Hollywood Blvd. About 2 miles from where I live! Yay! https://walkoffame.com/press_releases/andycohen/

GMCLA's Hooray for Holidays - Behind the Scenes - December 16 & 17 at th...

I saw the Gay Men's Chorus LA in concert on Saturday. What an awesome performance.  This show had me worry all night though. There was a lack of knowledge in regards to seating chart. I received blank looks when I asked where my seat was. Then, when I got to the row I was supposed to be in the seat numbers were off. My ticket said seat 103 and yet I sat in seat 10, I think. Overall, the concert was fabulous. I love how they chose TV and movie themed Christmas tunes. Snow Meiser and Heat Meiser were a blast. Thank you for a wonderful performance. I had a fabulous time and look forward to next year. 

Taron Egerton - Rocket Man (Official Video)