Skip to main content

Workout 3

Saturday April 7th A light workout today.  Did a light 25 minute jog and some push-ups.  No plan today other than to just get outside for a run. I'm trying to periodize or structure my weekly workouts into 2 or 3 stages or microcycles: heavy, moderate and light days. The plan is to workout 2-3 times per week. 

My goal is to maintain 3 weekly workout sessions per week utilizing a structured plan. For instance, next week my goal is to workout at least twice: one heavy day and one light or moderate day. I always have a days of rest between days of activity.  Sometimes, as with this week, two or three or four days of rest between workouts.

Today, I didn't do headstand work.  I did however see where I am at physically with the handstand.  I was able to get my feet in the air doing a handstand and to walk bacwards.  However, I didn't have any stability or muscle control at all.  Basically, was walking backwards on hands so I wouldn't fall over.  Next time I will try to do this against a tree outdoors so I can build more coordination and control.

Workout plan week of April 8 to April 14th

Day 1 Heavy: Increase running time/distance including backwards running intervals: full body workout outdoors utilizing bodyweight exercises. Try handstand against tree.

Day 2 Moderate: Shorter running distance or lighter jog at same distance, backwards hill work and headstands.

Day 3 Light: Short/light run and bodyweight exercises.  Add a new exercise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andy Cohen on Drunken New Year’s Eve Rant, Getting COVID & Star on the H...

I can't wait for this event! Finally I am in LA to see this guy in person after the New Years Eve Celebration. Friday 11:30am 66522 Hollywood Blvd. About 2 miles from where I live! Yay! https://walkoffame.com/press_releases/andycohen/

GMCLA's Hooray for Holidays - Behind the Scenes - December 16 & 17 at th...

I saw the Gay Men's Chorus LA in concert on Saturday. What an awesome performance.  This show had me worry all night though. There was a lack of knowledge in regards to seating chart. I received blank looks when I asked where my seat was. Then, when I got to the row I was supposed to be in the seat numbers were off. My ticket said seat 103 and yet I sat in seat 10, I think. Overall, the concert was fabulous. I love how they chose TV and movie themed Christmas tunes. Snow Meiser and Heat Meiser were a blast. Thank you for a wonderful performance. I had a fabulous time and look forward to next year. 

Taron Egerton - Rocket Man (Official Video)