Skip to main content

PHYSICAL ACTIVITY HELPS PREVENT DIABETES


Physical Activity Helps Prevent Diabetes By Mike Hupertz

Regular physical activity helps to reduce risk of type 2 diabetes and control symptoms for those who have it, according to the CDC

How much physical activity is required to help reduce your risk of diabetes? The CDC recommends 2 to 2.5 hours of moderate intensity exercise per week on a regular basis to help reduce your risk of diabetes. The more physical activity done per week the more your risk is reduced. 

The same recommendation also applies to help control diabetes in those who already have it. (30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise 5 times per week) Try to participate in some physical activity each day versus one long session per week.

What types of physical activity should I engage in? Brisk / vigorous walking, swimming, dancing, bicycling, hiking, tennis, volleyball, weight/strength training and aerobics are a few. The main thing is to engage in activity that you enjoy and have fun doing. The more enjoyment and fun you gain from a particular activity the more likely you’ll maintain participation in it.

For more info:

The Benefits of Physical Activity:
http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/health/index.html

Diabetes Public Health Resource / Diabetes and Me:
Diabetes Public Health Resource

How Much Physical Activity Do I Need?
http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/index.html

Comments

  1. hi,thanks for this post really helpful .. so true that Physical Activity Helps Prevent Diabetes .. i agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Physical exercise is body activity that enhances or maintains fitness and overall health or well-being. I am very interested by reading this..you are posting. Its very helpful for us. Thanks.

    Irvine Diabetes Fitness

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Andy Cohen on Drunken New Year’s Eve Rant, Getting COVID & Star on the H...

I can't wait for this event! Finally I am in LA to see this guy in person after the New Years Eve Celebration. Friday 11:30am 66522 Hollywood Blvd. About 2 miles from where I live! Yay! https://walkoffame.com/press_releases/andycohen/

GMCLA's Hooray for Holidays - Behind the Scenes - December 16 & 17 at th...

I saw the Gay Men's Chorus LA in concert on Saturday. What an awesome performance.  This show had me worry all night though. There was a lack of knowledge in regards to seating chart. I received blank looks when I asked where my seat was. Then, when I got to the row I was supposed to be in the seat numbers were off. My ticket said seat 103 and yet I sat in seat 10, I think. Overall, the concert was fabulous. I love how they chose TV and movie themed Christmas tunes. Snow Meiser and Heat Meiser were a blast. Thank you for a wonderful performance. I had a fabulous time and look forward to next year. 

Taron Egerton - Rocket Man (Official Video)